Enterprise North's key objectives
Enterprise North is an Incorporated Association (IA57772) whose members subscribe to the following objects:
- to encourage public, private and corporate participation in all matters of public policy that pertains to the economic well being of Cairns City and the North East Australia region;
- to research and develop policies pertinent to the future development of a progressive modern economy for Cairns City and the North East Australia region;
- to develop and promote regional forums structured to debate and develop such policies;
- to promote the participation of the private sector including indigenous owned corporations in the investment and delivery of infrastructure developments and other development activities across the city and the NEA region;
- to actively participate in an economic development and growth advocacy agenda to governments at every level on a strictly non political/non partisan basis;
- to advocate for national and international investment in the key growth pillars of cairns and the north nast Australia economies;
- to be seen to be a respected organisation that constantly strives to deliver a well developed, well articulated and achievable mainstream economic growth and development agenda for our communities; and
- to act in an “enabling” role to provide regional leadership and collaboration amongst like minded groups
About Enterprise North's Executive Manager, Kevin Byrne
Kevin Byrne has enjoyed a successful forty year career across government, military, business and corporate appointments. He was Mayor of Cairns for eleven years during which time the city positioned itself for growth and development making it now the international gateway to Northern Australia and one of Australia’s most livable cities . He is a passionate advocate for planned growth and development across Northern Australia and sees the need for governments to implement sustainable policies to grow regional communities. He is widely travelled with extensive personal experience not only in Australia, but also in Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Malaysia and China. Throughout his career he has demonstrated leadership excellence in multi faceted and challenging appointments in the private and public sectors. He is a clear and concise thinker who is able to articulate complex positions with rare clarity. An accomplished public speaker, he is best described as a competent all rounder who is well connected in the region. In addition to his civic and commercial management experience, he has enjoyed successful Board appointments across both the commercial and not for profit sectors and currently serves on the Board of Cootharinga NQ, a disability services provider. He is currently President of Enterprise North Inc, a regional development and advocacy organisation whose role is to advocate for population growth and development for Cairns City and North East Australia more broadly.
If you feel passionate about the future well being of our region you need to get on board and become a part of the conversation around the region's future...